Sunday, February 10, 2013

Healthier Oven-fried Tilapia

My family and I love fish.  We especially love fish and chips.  But that isn't exactly the healthiest way to enjoy a lean protein.  I was trolling through the trillions of tilapia recipes online and I found several that had elements I liked.  So I decided to do what I do best - mash them up and make my own!  Below, please find my new favorite oven-friend fish recipe.

Healthier Oven-fried Tilapia
2 fillets tilapia, thawed and patted dry
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 c. panko bread crumbs
scant 1/16 tsp. chili powder
scant 1/8 tsp. (Hungarian) paprika
1 1/2 tsp. dried dill
1-2 tsp. (vegetable) oil

Line a large baking sheet with foil and drizzle with oil.  In a shallow dish, mix together bread crumbs, chili powder, paprika, and dill.  Coat tilapia fillets with mustard and then dredge in crumb mixture. Lay coated fillets on oiled baking sheet and loosely tent with foil.  Bake in a 425 degree oven 20-25 minutes, until fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment