Thursday, October 6, 2011

Breakfast pizza

My mom found a recipe for breakfast pizza while I was in high school, I think.  So I've been eating it for a few years.  But her recipe was, no offense mom, just a little dull.  So, I've played around with it for a while, and I think that I've come up with a good and flavorful twist on it.  This is great to actually have for breakfast, to make and bake ahead for a quick weekday breakfast, or a great and different dinner.  (I'm a big fan of breakfast for dinner.  My husband?  Not so much.)  My favorite breakfast meat is bacon, but this would work with whichever breakfast meat you prefer.  If the meat is raw, cook it before using in the recipe.

9x13 pan, greased
2 tubes crescent rolls
8 large eggs
1/3 c. milk
1 Tbsp. Franks red hot sauce (more if desired)
6 slices bacon, cooked crispy (or 1/2 package of sausage meat, cooked and crumbled)
1/2 medium (sweet) onion, minced
1/2 c. shredded (cheddar) cheese
1 tsp. dill
salt
pepper

Press crescent rolls into bottom of greased 9x13 pan; ensure seams are closed to prevent egg leaking under crust.  Sprinkle onion and bacon on crust.  In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and hot sauce.  Gently pour egg mixture over crust.  Sprinkle with dill, salt, pepper and cheese.  Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes until crust is golden brown and egg is set in the middle.

Serve hot out of the oven, or allow to cool to room temperature.  Either way, it is delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there, simply turned into aware of your blog thru Google, and found that it is really informative. I?m gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of other folks will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete