Thursday, September 22, 2011

Easy Chicken Breasts

This is an easy and quick recipe I use as a go-to.  There is minimal prep and minimal dishes to do afterward.  Always a plus.

4 chicken breasts
Salt
Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Poultry seasoning
Chicken broth
1 6-oz. can of tomato paste (little can)

Drizzle large skillet with a 4-count of EVOO. Turn heat to low-medium. Season both sides of chicken breast with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Put into pan and leave to carmelize (about 5-10 minutes) before turning. Allow to carmelize another 5-10 minutes on side 2. Once good carmelization is achieved, add tomato paste to pan. Add 12 ounces (fill up the tomato paste can twice) of chicken broth and use spoon to break up tomato paste. Cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, or until sauce is reduced almost by half.

4 comments:

  1. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Lacey! Good job buddy!!! I'm excited to follow this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kate! I'm planning on transferring all of my recipes here so they are in one spot for my friends who ask me about them. That way they don't have to wade through all my random notes on facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I've had a few friends IRL ask me about menu-planning and some of my recipes, and I decided that this would be a great venue to help out those friends. And thank you for reading :)

    ReplyDelete